So, that was the 2017/18 (I feel old) Premier League Season. What have we learnt?
– You can run away with the league if you have a Sheikh bankrolling you.
– Even if you score for Spurs, Harry Kane will try to claim it.
– Never let Alan Pardew near a Premier League dugout.
– Roy Hodgson is actually a decent manager.
– Referees are still, on the whole, inconsistent and useless.
And focussing on the Redmen…
– Liverpool can cope without Coutinho.
– Mo Salah to Liverpool is the greatest football transfer in the history of football transfers.
– Roberto Firmino is a king fu grand master.
– James Milner eats his mini eggs in size order.
– A mediocre back 4 and a clumsy goalkeeper conceded the 4th least goals and kept the 3rd best amount of clean sheets.
Last word for Kloppo…
– he will win the Premier League with Liverpool.
– he was chastised at times but he answered every criticism that was thrown at him.
– back to back top 4 finishes. Something that hasn’t been achieved by any manager since Rafa Benitez.
Liverpool are going places with him at the helm. Naby Keita is coming, I’m sure a CB, CM and striker will follow. Injured players will come back. The Redmen will be a force to be reckoned with next term.
Now, on to Kiev and the small matter of a champions league final…