Klopp: “If I knew Alisson Becker was this good – I would have paid double!”
Tuchel: “Anfield won’t bother us”
– FT: Liverpool 4-3 Dortmund
De Bruyne: “I don’t think the atmosphere matters”
– FT: Liverpool 3-0 Man City
Neymar: “Liverpool won’t finish top 4”
– FT: Liverpool 3-2 PSG
Mertens: “I saw the Anfield sign. Is this so special?”
– FT: Liverpool 1-0 Napoli
– first player to score 32 goals in a 38 game season
– first African player to score 30 goals in a premier league season
– first player to be named premier league player of the month 3 times in one season
– fastest player in Liverpool’s history to reach 50 goals
– he did all this is the Premier League, arguably a much tougher league than Ligue 1.
There are loads more but I think all these records and achievements warrant the hype.
And he’s cute. Just because he’s not your taste doesnt mean he might not be someone else’s.
And dinner… and for him to buy me a rose. Then take me home and…
Sorry, my mind wandered.
Games like this we miss having Chamberlain in our midfield